This post has been sponsored by GOJO Industries, the makers of PURELL® hand sanitizer. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If I had it my way, the whole family would stay home for the duration of the cold and flu season. No matter how hard I try to keep the germs away, someone always winds up sick! We’re a busy family with places to be and people to see. I came up with this Wellness Kit, which has PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer, that we take with us on winter trips and long days out and about. Trust me, you’re going to want to put one of these kits together for your family, too!
Whether I’m packing for a trip or just getting my things together to run a few errands, I like to make sure I have everything that I’ll need. There’s nothing worse than being away from home and feeling miserable without some tissues or your favorite blanket (yes, I bring my own blanket with me on trips—but not for errands, I promise). This wellness kit idea is perfect for families during the cold and flu season!
This kit makes it easy to have things to keep you comfortable if you’re feeling under the weather and also things to help you fight those germs right at your fingertips.
I picked up just about everything I needed to put together this family wellness kit on a recent trip to Target. You can make one, too. It’s my favorite place to shop for kit items since they have such a wide variety of products. They also have great savings! Don’t forget to use this coupon for $1 off on PURELL® hand sanitizer.
PURELL® hand sanitizers help to reduce the spread of illness-causing germs. Which is awesome. We stock up, especially during the cold and flu season. I like to keep one with us in the car. It gave me such peace of mind to have the hand sanitizer within reach after doing laser tag and the trampoline park over winter break. Usually, I worry about what bones might get broken, but this time of year, it becomes more about what types of germs they’re being exposed to!
I also keep PURELL® products at home for me. Moms don’t get to take sick days, so I try to make sure that I am keeping myself as healthy as possible. PURELL®, as part of a hand hygiene program, is shown to reduce the number of sick days by up to 50% and has two times the sanitizing strength as other national brands of sanitizer—which means I may buy it a BFF necklace to wear with me!
When my family is healthy, we like to get out and explore. When we’re not well, we miss out on so many fun opportunities! I like to do what I can to make sure that we don’t miss those moments.
How to Create a Wellness Kit for Your Family
What to put in your Wellness Kit:
• PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer comes in several varieties. Pick the one that you like best. It’s a great defense for those nasty germs!
• Tissues for runny noses. coughs and sneezes. With our terrible allergies, I always have a package of tissues in my purse. But I like to make sure that I have at least one back-up tissue pack in our kit as well. Not having a tissue when you need one is the worst and is a sure fire way to spread germs all over the place.
• Vitamin C tablets are small and easy to keep in your wellness kit. I don’t give these to the kids, but I use them myself when I start to feel under the weather.
• Hand lotion is perfect for these dry, winter months. It might not do anything to keep you well, but it certainly can keep you comfortable. Because we wash our hands so much during cold and flu season, they tend to get really dry. I need to do my best to keep them moisturized. My sons also complain of dry skin, so this helps with any itching they might experience.
• Honey is something my kids really love when they aren’t feeling well. We use it when they have a sore throat or a cough as sort of a natural remedy. And when my throat is feeling scratchy, I can either swallow some to coat my own throat or put some in a hot tea while I’m out and about. I keep my eyes open for these packets when we swing through coffee shops and pick up a few to keep on hand since they are a lot handier than bringing a big bottle of honey. This has come in handy on many occasions while one kid was at an activity and the other was starting to feel lousy.
• Essential Oil blends also help to make my family feel a little bit better when we’ve caught something. I use lavender, vetiver and roman chamomile in a blend to help relax my kids and myself so we can fall asleep a little easier. Getting enough rest is a great way to not let your body get run down and end up with a lowered immune system. I also keep a blend of peppermint, eucalyptus and lemon on hand for when we are really stuffy and congested. Waving it under their nose or rolling some on their chest really helps to clear the nasal passage.
• Water bottles are a necessity. We always make sure that we have water with us when we leave the house. I like to use a reusable bottle (you’re welcome, environment), and we each have our own so we don’t have to share. No germ swapping here!
Other things you can include in your cold fighter kit are:
• Lip Balm (one for each family member)
• A pain reliever for headaches or when fevers pop up. (Make sure you talk to your doctor about proper dosing.)
• Something to suck on to soothe a throat
• Saline nasal spray. Sometimes not being able to breathe through your nose can make all your other symptoms seem way worse. This is a non-medicated spray that helps to clear the passageway.
Every family is different, so think of the things that your kids ask for when they start to feel under the weather and include those in your DIY healthy family kit. But most importantly, don’t forget the PURELL® products since it helps to stop the spread of those gross illness-causing germs in the first place!
I keep the kit pretty small, so it’s easy to throw in my bag or keep in the car with us. It’s there if we need it, but it’s not really taking up much space if we don’t need it. It’s just nice to know it’s there. As a mom to two boys, hand sanitizer comes in handy on SO many occasions.
It’s such an awesome way to help get rid of those icky things you run into when enjoying life. One squirt is all you need, and it dries quickly with no mess. This is definitely a mom-approved product.
Find PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer at your local Target store. I picked up PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer Refreshing Gel, Naturals with Plant-Based Alcohol and Soothing Gel with Aloe and Vitamin E in the hand soap aisle.
It’s the perfect time to put your own wellness kit together! Don’t forget to head to Target and find your $1.00 off and 20% off coupons on PURELL® products!
Pin this wellness kit idea for later:
What would you keep in your family wellness kit?