This easy Lavender Sugar recipe is great for adding extra flavor to drinks and baked goods.
If you love the smell of lavender, you’ll love adding this infused flavored sugar to recipes and cocktails!
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I also participate in affiliate programs for other retailers.
Lavender sugar. You need to make this.
But only if you like lavender. If you don’t, you will hate this. And I don’t want you to make things you hate.
I’m obsessed with lavender. I love the smell but I also love that you can use edible lavender to scent and infuse flavor into just about anything.
When the weather starts to turn colder, I love to use flavored sugars in my coffee. So I decided to make my own instead of buying it at the spice shop.
This lavender sugar recipe is super easy and your house will smell amazing.
How to make Lavender Flavored Sugar
This little box of lavender has about 2 TBSP in it. And you only need 1 TBSP for this recipe so maybe use the rest to make some lavender lemonade…
It’s also perfect for a Cinnamon Sugar Toast Buffet.
If you really like lavender, I suggested buying more so you have it on hand.
Always look for food grade lavender and buy from a brand you trust.
I usually hate my tiny food processor but it worked perfectly for this recipe.
Add the lavender and give it a whir to break it down. Oh the smells that will waft through your kitchen!
It’s calming and wonderful!
Next add 1 cup of sugar to the lavender and chop it up again.
Then put the mixture in a medium-sized bowl and use a whisk to make sure it’s mixed well. This just makes sure there are no clumps. I’m not sure that the lavender will settle, but you may want to mix it up before each use.
Have I mentioned this smells really great? Because it does. It will take all your strength but you should probably refrain from burying your face in the bowl.
What is lavender sugar used for
Lavender sugar can be used in a bunch of different ways. Anywhere you could use sugar, you can use this version instead.
- Sweeten drinks (cocktails and mocktails)
- Add it to your morning coffee
- Use it to rim your cocktail glass (dipping the glass in simple syrup or honey then into the sugar poured out on a plate)
- Use it in your baked goods or glazes
- Rub it on meat (pork chops) before grilling
How long does it last
Make sure to use a clean and dry glass jar with an air-tight lid and your sugar should last for about 6 months.
But I’m guessing it will go long before then!
It also would make a great holiday gift idea. Just add a little tag with some suggestions for uses and you’ve got yourself the easiest homemade gift ever.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I’m going to go smell it right now. And maybe have a spoonful. But just one or two.
If you don’t want to make your own, you can always just buy some.
Looking for more ways to jazz up your recipes? Try these:
- Add a Rose Rimmer to your next glass of champagne! It’s a fun and fancy way to jazz up a glass of wine.
- This Strawberry Basil Simple Syrup is super flavorful and can be used in all kinds of drink recipes.
- Use this Taco Seasoning to add flavor to your easy dinner recipes! Of course, it’s great for tacos but it also works on chicken too.
Lavender Sugar Recipe
- 1 TBSP edible lavender dried
- 2 cups sugar
- Add lavender to a small food processor, grind for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to the food processor, grind with lavender for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Pour contents from food processor to a bowl.
- Add remaining cup of sugar and whisk with lavender sugar.
- Store in an air tight container.
Pin to save this lavender sugar recipe for later.