You guys! Pear nectar, fresh thyme and lime juice. Sounds refreshing, right? And chardonnay? Hmmmm. When that recipe showed up in my inbox I just wasn’t sure. It had flavors that I love. It has wine which I love (although I am not the biggest chardonnay fan). But together? I had to try it.
Fresh thyme. Could this be my herb for summer? Last year was all about the basil, but thyme! SO good!
Don’t you just love the color? It’s super refreshing. And the flavor of this particular chardonnay worked really well with the pear. The Once Upon a Vine chardonnay isn’t overly oaky and has subtle honey flavor. It was super yummy on its own, but also makes for a perfect wine to use in a wine cocktail.
Wine is the only alcohol used in this recipe so it is a really light cocktail. This would be a perfect one for a bridal shower or larger party where you are trying to keep your beverage budget in check.
- 4 oz. Once Upon a Vine Fairest Chardonnay
- 2 oz. pear nectar
- 1 oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. simple syrup or agave syrup
- 3 springs of fresh thyme
- Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker and strain in to a chilled glass.
- Optional, give the thyme a quick, gentle muddle prior to adding ice to the shaker and shaking.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lime and a sprig of thyme.
- Be sure to clap the thyme sprig between your hands to release more fragrance.
Need more spring cocktail ideas:
Blood Orange Sorbet Gin Float (One of my most pinned cocktails!)