*This post is not technically sponsored. French’s sponsored my post the other day about a picnic. But I also wanted to share the recipe for the dip I made. So this post isn’t sponsored but I DID use mustard they sent me. And this photo IS from that sponsored shoot. Have I covered all my bases? All opinions are mine. Full disclosure, I bought almost all pre-cut vegetables. And then I reused them after the shoot on friends. There. Now you know everything. Veggies and dip. Match made in heaven. But I’m kind of sick of ranch. And a vinaigrette would have been too messy (I will NOT ruin this blanket. It’s my new fave. Is it weird to have a special occasion blanket?) So I decided to modify a recipe for French’s Basil and Garlic Mustard (which I can’t find on their site to link to) and turn it in to a dip.
I first showed you this dip in my summer picnic post from the other day. But today, you get the recipe. This Garlic Basil Mustard Dip is super tangy AND creamy with a touch of heat from the garlic and herbaciousness from mi amor basil. I added some chives for good measure. A quick squeeze of lemon juice and you’ve got yourself a dip! Eat with fresh vegetables and behold the wonder that is nature.
- Adapted from French's Basil and Garlic Mustard recipe
- 1/2 cup French's Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 6oz. containers of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh chives
- Juice of 1/2 of lemon
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- You can leave out the mayo if you are looking for more of a "clean eating" recipe.