*This post is sponsored by ZICO Premium Coconut Water but all opinions and thoughts are my own. Do you guys know the difference between a Life List and a Bucket List? I didn’t. But that really didn’t matter because I didn’t have either type of list. If you aren’t sure how they are different, let me tell you. A Bucket List is something you create of things you want to accomplish in your lifetime, like visit the Grand Canyon, or sing the National Anthem at a sporting event. These are big life experiences that you want to do before you die. A Life List, on the other hand, are those smaller things, that we can add to our daily life, to live more purposefully. Think adding exercise to get healthier, or waking up 15 minutes early every day to read the bible. This list might also include things that you have always wanted to do, but the intention would be to live a better life in some way, like taking a photography class, or planning a block party so you can meet your neighbors and create quality relationships with them. As we go in to the school year, I thought it was super important that I take a minute and really think about how I can make my life better by making some small changes. I am in love with the new ZICO Premium Coconut Water campaign. “Crack Life Open” is their slogan and that really resonates with me. So often we get wrapped up in our daily tasks and forget to really enjoy living. I’d like to think we can all find those small things, throughout the day, that are a positive moment – something that impacts our life in some way. I think living a purposeful life is a way to be more healthy. Not just in terms of exercise, or eating right, but really changing your mind frame on how you view things and adapt from change as well as what takes priority in your every day life. I encourage you to really think about your day and see if there are ways to make some positive changes. I REALLY enjoyed creating my Life List with ZICO Premium Coconut Water. Do you have one yet? Here she is, in no particular order:
- Leave my smart phone at home as I walk my kids to school each day. I can use that time to talk with them and help them plan their day. On the way home, I’m going to enjoy the walk and really just take a quiet moment to myself before the hustle and bustle of the day kicks in.
- I know exercise is important but I just have no interest in doing the same thing over and over. I’d like to explore new options or ways to be active so that I can learn new things, work different muscles and perhaps find something that I truly enjoy so it won’t feel like it is a work out. Is that wishful thinking? I hate to sweat.
- I want to get a Keratin hair treatment. This is not as frivolous as it sounds. You feel good when you look good. And right now, my hair makes me feel messy. But I don’t have the energy to “do” my hair (it takes about an hour to blow dry and straighten – what? I have luxurious, thick hair…) every morning. But I want to come across as more polished to the people I meet on the days I don’t have an event that I have to get ready for.
- I want to plan regular date nights with my husband so we can stay connected. He has always been my best friend (since high school) and I miss him. Our busy schedules mean we are sometimes like passing ships and I want to make sure that we make time for each other and that he knows that my heart is with him even when he is working on the couch and I am sleeping.
- I want to be better with menu planning and grocery shopping. I want to start a new system where I create our week’s menu based on sales and what is in season. Not only will it help our grocery budget but we’ll also be eating what is more fresh.
- I want to make breakfast more of a priority for the whole family. In years past, breakfast time is when I get all my social media scheduled for the day. But I need to make a healthy breakfast for myself and family so we can all start the day off right.
- I want to go back to reading magazines because I love them not to find inspiration or something project or blog related. I have always found tremendous happiness in magazines and because of mom guilt and mile-long to-do lists, magazines have almost become part of “work” for me. I need to get them back in to the “me-time” category. And I have two BIG Life List items that are on my heart. But it just isn’t the right time yet. I’m a mom first, and right now, my focus has to be on my kids, their care and what they need to live a fulfilling life at the moment. But I really help families live better lives too.
- I want to create a project (a site? a book? a video?) based on helping kids see the creative careers that are out there and know that if there isn’t a job for something that they want to do, then they need to figure out how to create it.
- I want to put on a big family festival. I won’t go in to details as there are not coherent thoughts here yet, more like one of those brainstorming cloud bubble things bouncing around my head.
I am so grateful that ZICO Premium Coconut Water reached out to partner with me for this campaign. I needed the encouragement to create this life list. And now I will start to implement some of these changes. What changes are you going to make in your daily life to #CrackLifeOpen? The fantastic Lauren of A Fabulous Fete made a printable for all of you so that you can easily make a life list too. Just download it and think about the changes you can make to live more fully!
Download here: Life List Printable