With all the family gatherings that are bound to happen this holiday season I thought I would share with you one of my favorite appetizer recipes. This Cheese Ball recipe is super easy to make, transport and shovel in your mouth hole. I didn’t invent this recipe. I’ve looked at the internet and seen this and variations of this all over the place. But this is the one that I like the best so it is what I wanted to share with you.
There are not many ingredients so make sure that you use good quality items. I think the blue cheese makes it for me but I understand that there are some people who think it tastes like feet so if that is you, just leave it out.
Roll it in a ball (or don’t) roll it in some nuts (or don’t) and eat it with Wheat Thins (I’m sure other crackers would work too but tradition states that you eat it with Wheat Thins. You don’t want to eff with that do you?)
You know when this cheese ball would work best? New Year’s Eve. It can sit out for a while without making all your guests totally sick. Edible gold stars are like the jazz hands of the food world and really make this cheese ball next level. Serve with some bubbles and party on.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I like to go with sharp cheddar)
- 1 TBSP chopped green onion
- 1 TBSP Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Wheat Thins
- Combine softened cream cheese until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and chill.
- Shape in to a ball and roll in pecan pieces.
- Serve with Wheat Thins