*This post is sponsored by King’s Hawaiian. All opinions and calories consumed are mine.
Is hot artichoke dip your fave? For years, it was always on my tailgate party food menus. So good. I mean, it’s a dip filled with delicious cheese and artichoke hearts! But I wanted to figure out how to make it a littler bit easier for people to eat at a football party. I came up with this unique artichoke slider recipe. Fun, right? One of the things that makes them so tasty is the Kings Hawaiian rolls. The only way these could be better is if they somehow had chocolate in them. On second thought, no. That’s gross. This simple, original appetizer recipe is perfect for any party really – not just game day. And guess what. No double dipping. You’re welcome. Chances are you have your own recipe for hot artichoke dip. I know a lot of them include spinach in the ingredients, but, ew. I’m not a fan. I find this is one of those personal preference things so feel free to sub your favorite recipe. Mine is far superior, but that’s ok, go ahead and still make yours… The dip can be made ahead of time which is super awesome. I love dishes like that for entertaining. The King’s Hawaiian rolls are already slider size and have the perfect sweetness to accompany this salty, tangy dip. Make the dip. It wouldn’t hurt to make a double batch. With the leftover dip you can serve it with tortilla chips for those who don’t feel like eating a sandwich at the moment. Or you could just eat it for breakfast the next day. The star of this show is the unmarinated artichoke hearts and the garlic. Oh and the cheese. These ingredients play really well together.Once the dip is all bubbly and golden, it’s ready to come out of the oven and can get ready to start making the sliders. Simply toast the rolls (this will help them to not get soggy as quickly and provide a nice little crunch) then dollop some dip on top. Essentially, you’re making a hot artichoke dip spread. It’s as easy as making, well, a sandwich. Super fast and easy. Are you salivating? You should be. These are delicious. Maybe I should start a new blog. It can be all about making dips in to sandwiches. I eat onion dip on my hamburgers so I’d have at least two posts…This might just be a hot artichoke dip recipe on a bun, but it’s crazy delicious. These are literally the best sliders ever made. They’re perfect for game day entertaining but also great for BBQs, weeknight dinner, movie night, baby showers, bat mitzvahs, and Tuesdays.I have out-of-town guests coming in this weekend. I should probably make some of this dip and have these rolls on hand to create a fast snack. I mean, who would love these unique
- 2 cans unmarinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 package King's Hawaiian rolls
- Combine the artichoke hearts, mayo, garlic, Parmesan and Swiss cheese in a 2 1/2 quart, oven-safe, baking dish.
- Heat, uncovered for approximately 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- The dip should be bubbly and melted through.
- Cut King's Hawaiian rolls in half with a serrated knife.
- Place on a baking sheet, cut side up, and broil until golden brown and toasty (approximately 1 minute).
- Spoon warm dip on one cut side of King's Hawaiian roll and top with the other half. Serve warm.
- Serve any extra dip with tortilla chips. Or spoon it straight in to your mouth.
Thank you for supporting the sponsors, like Kings Hawaiian, that keep Cupcakes and Cutlery running!
Want more quick and easy recipes? Try these recipes that are perfect for game day!